About Fort Carson
Fort Carson has established itself as one of the premier military bases not only in Colorado Springs, but the nation as a whole. “The Mountain Post” is located in Southern Colorado Springs and offers easy access to I25, meaning you can get anywhere in the city quickly. Just a 17 minute drive to downtown Colorado Springs, military families stationed at Fort Carson will quickly feel at home in this beautiful city. Gorgeous views, convenient shopping and restaurant access, and being just a short drive from the mountains are a few things that make Fort Carson special. Add the large selection of homes for sale near Fort Carson, from town homes to condos to single family homes, and this is the place to be.
Browse Military Bases
FORT CARSON REAL ESTATE
No matter what you’re looking for, there’s something for everyone in the real estate listings near Fort Carson. Living on base definitely has its perks, but, especially if you’re planning on living in Colorado Springs for a few years, there are so many benefits to investing in Colorado Springs real estate near Fort Carson. From new build homes that fit every budget to condos and townhomes, there is a style to fit every need. Security-Widefield, Fountain Valley, Broadmoor, and Southwest Colorado Springs are just a few of the many areas available to those looking to buy a home near Fort Carson.
SCHOOLS NEAR FORT CARSON HOMES
Both on-base schools and off-base school are available to students living on Fort Carson real estate. On-base schools include Patriot Elementary, Abrams Elementary, and Mountainside Elementary and each one meets the highest education standards.
There is also a very vast selection of off-base schools close to homes near Fort Carson. Here is just a sampling:
- Elementary: Cheyenne Mountain, Pinon Valley, Otero, Soaring Eagles, Monterey Elementary School.
- Middle: Fox Meadow, Gorman, Panorama, and Carmel Middle School.
- High: Widefield High School, Harrison High School, Mesa Ridge, and Fountain Fort Carson High School.
FORT CARSON COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS
Many military families moving to Colorado Springs and stationed at Fort Carson find this area to be one of the most ideal places they’ve been transferred, Colorado Springs, especially the areas surrounding Fort Carson, offers outdoor activities galore, with hiking trails, camping, fishing, hunting, and more at your fingertips. Colorado Springs military families will never find themselves at a loss for activities, whether within the city limits or up into the mountains. Some of the nation’s most beautiful golf courses are located near homes in Fort Carson, including Patty Jewett, Valley Hi, the Broadmoor, and more. Pikes Peak is just around the corner and an easy day activity, and Garden of the Gods, Red Rocks Open Space, Old Colorado City, and downtown Colorado Springs are all within a 15 minute drive.
FORT CARSON RESOURCES
Base Website: www.carson.army.mil
Base Operator: 719-526-5811 or DSN 312-691-5811; automated
Population: There are over 26,000 on active duty, and over 98,000 civilian employees, family members, and retirees living on-base and around Fort Carson. Around 70% live off base in homes near Fort Carson.
Area Population: Colorado Springs is home to around 464,474 residents, and 27,781 of those residents live in the Fountain area, near Fort Carson real estate.
Army Community Service: ACS 719-526-4590
Fort Carson Housing: On-Post: Privatized housing run by Balfour Beatty Communities. There are currently 3,060 units, 70% of which are enlisted, and there are 308 new units to slated to be built. The waiting list for on post-family housing generally runs from 6 to 18 months and is based on number of bedrooms requirement and availability of homes, for more information, call Balfour Beatty Communities at 579-1606 ext 250.
Housing Off-Post: The Housing Services Office (HSO) provides guidance and assistance to all incoming and departing personnel with all off-post housing needs. To find out if you qualify for assistance, give them a call at 719-526-2323/2322/5219. Then, get in touch with our team to start your home search.
Single Soldier Housing Office (SSH): Soldiers should contact the installation Single Soldier Housing Office (SSH), 719-526-0570 or 719-524-0851 to obtain information regarding barracks space.
Employment: Employment is available in a wide variety of fields. Unemployment rate is 8.6%. Median household income is $60,131. For specific information, contact the ACS Employment Readiness Program at 719-526-0452.
FORT CARSON YOUTH SERVICES
To access the Fort Carson Child, Youth, and School Services (CYSS), call 719-526-1100.
Schools: There are five schools on the installation, four of which are elementary schools and one middle school. All of these schools fall within the service of the Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8. For information on other schools and school district information, visit the Colorado Department of Education.
Youth Services: Kids and teens from ages 8 – 18 will find a variety of services available to them on the Fort Carson base, including The Fort Carson Youth Center, which has a full size gym, computer lab, game room, and a snack bar. For more information, visit the Fort Carson Child, Youth, and School Services or call 719-526-2680.
SERVICES INSIDE FORT CARSON:
- The MWR Website: Your Fort Carson community guide to leisure and activities.
- Commissary: 719-503-8300
- Exchange: Includes one large exchange, one mini-mall, and five shoppettes, 719-576-4000
- Banking: Armed Forces Bank, N.A. and Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Places to eat: Main PX (Charley’s, Anthony’s Pizza, Burger King, Taco John’s, Subway, Starbucks); Triplex with Arby’s, Burger King, and Manchu Wok; KFC; Pizza Hut; Green Beans Coffee; Jimmy John’s; Mini Mall (Subway, Wing Zone, Korea Express); Bowling Alley (Strike Zone Grill); Golf Course (Mulligan’s Grill); Borrelio Brothers Pizza; Colorado Brewery; as well as numerous dining facilities throughout the installation
- Shooting Complex: Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex
- Golfing: Cheyenne Shadows Golf Course
- Bowling: Thunder Alley Bowling Center
- Gyms: Iron Horse, a recently built state-of-the-art sports complex with an indoor pool, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, indoor rock wall, and an indoor track. Other gyms include Garcia, McKibben, and Waller
- Veterinary Services: Fort Carson Veterinary Treatment Facility
- Dog Parks: There are two enclosed parks in the Iron Horse Park area
Medical Services: Military personnel and their dependents are served by hospitals located at either Fort Carson (Evans Army Community Hospital) or the U.S. Air Force Academy. For more information on Evans, call 719-526-7000.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.